What do my union dues pay for?

Local 1611 operates almost solely on member dues. Dues are used to: represent members in negotiating strong Contracts, enforcing Contract rights, organizing new members to improve bargaining strength in existing workplaces, providing training and education for members, lobbying the government for legislation to protect and expand workers’ rights on the job, keeping members informed through newsletters and Union publications, maintaining this website, social sites and providing representation on WorkSafe, EI, and CPP issues, to name a few.

How can I pay my union dues?

IN PERSON – To keep your membership current, you can pay union dues at your nearest Local 1611 office. CLICK HERE to find one of our 9 offices around British Columbia.

AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL – You can pay dues monthly by auto debit.
Fill out the auto debit form (below) and return completed form by mail or email to Local 1611.
Mail to: #200 – 19092 26th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3Z 3V7 
Email to:

MAIL – You can mail in a cheque or money order (please do not send cash) to Local 1611.
Mail to: #200 – 19092 26th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3Z 3V7


Membership dues for trade unions or public servant associations may be deducted on income tax returns. Only union membership dues are deductible. The deduction amount is shown on their T4-form, Statement of Remuneration Paid. Official Dues Receipts are issued by Local 1611 at the end of the tax year and mailed to our membership.

Monthly Union Dues
Full Name (Required)
Member Number (Required)